It couldn’t be better, you have booked to go on a cruise and are looking forward to the start of a great holiday with no work, cooking, shopping or utility bills coming through the letterbox and many new ports to explore.
Any tension in your life up to the day of embarkation is to be banished, for at least the duration of the holiday. To make life on board totally stress-free here are a few ideas to follow.
- Don’t worry that your suitcase is not immediately in your cabin – it will arrive all in good time and remember it is worthy to be without possessions.
- Familiarise yourself with the ship’s layout so you don’t walk for miles getting lost – unless you want to lose the weight you know you will be soon putting on.
- Life boat drill is compulsory on every ship, it doesn’t mean that the crew is worried that the vessel is about to sink.
- The food is so good, …..you can diet at the end of the holiday.
- Thank your luck stars that life jackets only come in two sizes; children’s and adults.
- Your evening dress no longer fits (it’s the same for everybody).
- The towels are all the same colour and you can’t remember which deck chair you reserved (it’s the same for everybody.
- Write your cabin number and deck name on a card and give it to your children so they never get lost. (unless you feel that you wouldn’t mind them getting lost for a short time).
- Pre-arrange meeting places at certain times so you don’t spend hours searching the ship for your family (unless you really want time alone).
- Put a limit on the cabin key/credit card account for various members of your party so that you minimise your levels of stress at the end of the trip…. when it is time to pay the bill.
- If doing your own thing at a port, remember to give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship…..unless you are planning to start a new life, in a fresh location.
Follow this advice and you will avoid stress; best defined as waking up screaming and realising you haven’t fallen asleep!
- Stress Free Guide to Planning Your Cruise I heard a story this week, about a girl...
- Combating Stress The bright lights of the New Year celebrations are...
- Travelling Luggage Free According to my friend Michael, “One of the best...
- Hands free cruising is finally here with Luggage Chauffeur When does a holiday really begin? For example, if...
- Cruising The World Duty Free As the job market gets tougher it is easy...